Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Night Out ...


















In a few minutes I'm headed down to the Center* for the "Night Out with Bob and John" (that'd be Rauschenberg and Cage, respectively). Last year's similar "Night Out with John Cage" sold out quickly; even though I'm a board member, I couldn't get in, and wound up having coffee a few blocks away with old friends who couldn't get in either. This year I'm bartending, so at least I'll get in the door.

The show kicks off the annual Fringe Arts Festival, which always offers delights and surprises. If you're in this part of the woods and looking for something to do this weekend, check it out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* That would be the awkwardly named Black Mountain College Museum and Arts Center, of course - which, despite the place reference in its name, is actually in downtown Asheville, at 56 Broadway.

Bye, now.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home